The Boy Who Harnessed the Wind

For our picture book blog today we did the book “The Boy Who Harnessed the Wind”. This book is written by William Kamkwamba and it is illustrated by Elizabeth Zunon. This book is about a African boy named William. Williams family is very poor and so they can’t afford to send william to school. William sees this book about science and he learned how to build a windmill. So he did build one and gave his family some electricity and some electricity to the little town that he lived in. A connection that I had to this book was a text to media connection. The connection that I had was that in the book Williams family can’t afford to send him to school. This reminds me of the time we watched the documentary about how Oprah sent a whole bunch of African girls to school. The second connection that I had was a text to self connection. In the book William builds a windmill, this reminds me of all the times we had to build things in adst. The last connection that I had was a text to world connection. In the book William lives in a really poor town in Africa called Malawi. There are a lot of poor towns in africa who need more sources but can’t get them. This was a very interesting book.